A booklet for older people and their families, friends and carers. It is also for anyone interested in finding out more about alcohol and ageing.
It has information about:
- how our bodies become less able to cope with alcohol as we age
- how alcohol affects certain medicines and health conditions
- how much alcohol is too much when you’re older
- what older people can do if they think they have a drinking problem.
- what family/whānau can do.
View Alcohol and Older People in PDF.
This is a new pamphlet is for women and their families. It has information on why it's important not to drink while pregnant, the risks of drinking, and information about fetal alcohol spectrum disorder (FASD) and breastfeeding.
View the Alcohol and Pregnancy - What you might not know pdf.
A booklet for parents and caregivers with helpful information and advice about alcohol and teenagers. It includes:
- tips about delaying their teens drinking as long as possible
- information about being a good role model and building and maintaining a good relationships with teens
- what the law says
- what to do when things go wrong.
View the Alcohol and Your Kids booklet pdf.
An infosheet explaining what happens in the body when a person drinks alcohol. It covers how alcohol gets into the blood and what happens next in different parts of the body and in an unborn baby.
View What happens when I drink alcohol? infosheet in PDF.